Friday 9 January 2015

Quotes Young Contemporary Composers

Quotes Young Composers (from  my Interviews)


- Felipe Lara (Brazil) … The 20
th century is a great example of the triumph of individual systems over collective ones…


- Svitlana Azarova (Ukrain) …I do not see any musical crisis at all...


- Juan Manuel Abras (Argentina) …I believe that composing is, in part, writing what you ´remember´. The musical work already exists, like a Platonic Idea…


- Linda Buckley (Ireland) …From a very young age I was fascinated by sound, it always seemed so magical to me, full of mystery and possibility…


- Christophe Bertrand (France) …Pour moi, un véritable compositeur est un compositeur qui a su réinterpréter les evolutions et créer un style propre: le sien…


- Christian Onyeji (Nigeria) …I would like the rich and well-known composers in Europe and America to make some contributions to the development of composition in Africa….


- Sarah Nemtsov (Germany) ...Feelings and emotions are most important for my music…


- Aleksander Nowak (Poland) ... I don´t think I can pinpoint any specific aesthetic or philosophical presuppositions in my work, at least not yet…


- Stephen Mark Barchan (GB) ...I cannot predict the future, although I do think technology will play a larger role in performance…


- Ulrich Kreppein (Germany) …Nowadays we can´t easily reduce the complex appearance of the world to one idea…



- James Wade (Australia) ...The intention behind my music is always self expression...


- Daniel Léo Simpson (USA) ...I consider my compositions to be the highest form of expression my spirit can bring forth..


- Martin Larson (Norway)... . All my music is spiritual and sacred. It is simple, quiet, meditative, clear, beautiful and complete in itself...